What We Do
The Special Programs Subcommittee finds the speakers(s) for the fall luncheon, annual meeting, winter intersession, and coordinates the art show.
For the fall luncheon and spring brunch/annual meeting
- Secure a speaker or performance program for Fall Luncheon and Annual Meeting. Act as master of ceremonies for each event.
- Provide program details (date, location, timing, speaker) to Communications Subcommittee by submitting the related form so an invitation can be designed; and confirm details before Communications emails invitation to members.
- Notify Program Support Committee of AV/Tech needs, hospitality/food service/floral needs, and space (location) requirements.
- Registration Subcommittee tracks registration and fee receipts for these programs, and provides a check-in list for the entry table at each event.
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator of staffing needs for registration table.
- Coordinate with Art Show Chair to ensure artwork is hung and remains on view for up to a week for LLI members and Bard Community.
For winter intersession
- Plan two programs for four Wednesdays in January; secure speakers or interesting programs.
- Reserve Weis Cinema for presentations.
- Coordinate with AV/Tech to ensure speakers’ needs are met.
- Provide program information to Catalog chair.
The Special Programs Committee coordinates with Administration/Infrastructure Committee, Program Support Committee, and Curriculum Committee by providing program-related details.
Time Commitment / Duration
- Subcommittee Chair works with the Curriculum Committee Chair to obtain any program support regarding the production of the program.
- On the day of the events, act as master of ceremony to introduce the guest speaker.
- Computer skills, especially formatting.
- Ability to work with teams.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a budget.
Arrange for Special Programs
You can help us finding interesting speakers for special programs.