What We Do
The Website Subcommittee designs, develops and maintains the LLI website.
- Choose the software used to develop the LLI website. LLI is currently using WordPress with multiple WordPress plugins to meet requirements.
- Add new pages and revises existing pages to keep the information current.
- Choose and edit images for the website.
- Train other committees on how to use the website.
- Work with Bard Web Services to ensure the website conforms to Bard standards and is inline with support Bard technologies.
- Work with other committees to establish processes for updating the website and using it to streamline operations.
The Website Subcommittee works closely with Planning and Evaluation to determine what and how information gets published.
Other committees work with the website subcommittee to publish:
Time Commitment / Duration
- Time commitment is variable but is usually necessary throughout the year, both when classes are in session and during planning and development phases when classes are not in session.
- Most work can be done by anyone with a computer and Internet connection.
We will train anyone who is interested in using technology. Helpful skills include:
- Image editing
- Front-end web development tools such as HTML and CSS.
- Business process diagrams
Publish current LLI information
The website is the main repository of all information for LLI. We aim to be accurate and complete while making it easy for our members to find what they need.