Continue LLI’s unique welcoming tradition by taking two or three new members informally under your wing.
● About two summer hours; informal contact thereafter.
● Contact your two or three new members by phone or email in late July.
● Stay in touch informally with your mentees through their first LLI year.
● Help your mentees become comfortable exploring the world of LLI.
● Answer questions about LLI’s curriculum, campus, and social activities. You will
receive a Tips Sheet with information and answers to the most asked questions about LLI.
● Acquaint your mentees with LLI’s volunteer opportunities and encourage their
● You may find shared backgrounds and interests, or special fascinating skills, in
your mentees. You may grow new friendships.
● If we make the LLI experience a positive one for new members, they in turn may
be more amenable to participate in our organization as a volunteer.