Promote LLI as a member-managed organization. This lively team keeps many balls in the air
successfully: New Member Services, Volunteer Coordination, Leadership Development, Social
- The core committee meets for about an hour each month via Zoom.
- The task-focused teams hold Zoom meetings or programs as needed.
- Continue LLI’s unique welcoming traditions! Plan mentoring for new members and host
orientation gatherings. Prepare an annual new-member survey to help LLI shape itself to
- Act as a recruitment liaison between the membership and LLI’s committees and teams.
Identify and publicize tasks that call for volunteer participation. Reach out to LLI members
to bring their skills and interests to these positions.
- Support members as they begin or continue to participate actively in LLI leadership.
- Plan opportunities for members to meet outside the traditional LLI classroom structure.
- Be guided by user-friendly “Workflow” documents that track tasks and timing for the team.
- Get to know your fellow LLI members in more depth.
- Facilitate rewarding transitions from new member to participating member (volunteer).
- Help make a good organization even better.