The LLI Volunteer Coordinator uses many tech tools to recruit and manage volunteers, such as:
- Airtable for identifying volunteer candidates among the membership;
- Email blasts (with MailChimp) to publicize different LLI volunteer needs;
- WordPress Volunteer plugin to advertise open positions on the website;
- Google Forms to recruit volunteers;
- Google Shared Drives to store and retrieve drafts of materials;
- Google Docs and Google Sheets for communication and data manipulation.
It would be helpful if a tech support person could help the coordinator on some of these technical tasks, as well as develop other processes that could be valuable in recruiting and retaining volunteers.
Learn/become more familiar with many of the tech tools used by LLI (the Tech Team will train you if you are interested).
Meet many committee chairs and participating members.
Learn how LLI committees work together to accomplish tasks.
Make a valuable contribution to LLI.
Around 5 hours per month aiding the volunteer coordinator, most of this time is computer work with occasional in-person or Google meetings with the coordinator and/or committees.
Learning time: depends on what you want to learn and what you already know.